Monday, April 18

Exactly 4 months.... and counting

Today has been exactly 4 month since mine and Jeff's wedding. My how things have changed. We got married on December 18th, 2010. We still have yet to experience comfort in our new life together. Immediately following our wedding we began praying for the Lord to reveal to us if going on Young Life staff in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina was what would glorify him most with our marriage. The answer we got was undeniable and Jeff accepted the position as area director of Hilton Head Island High School and Bluffton High School. The whole process is revealing so much to us. Not only has marriage been an adventure of itself, but we are going to embark on another journey. 

I could not have EVER dreamed of how appropriate the title of this blog was going to be and how accurately it would describe my life. I love how the Lord was working in my heart MONTHS ago. Preparing me to encounter new seasons, and reminding me that He will remain constant. 

As I've started to journey through the season of marriage, being a wife, and pursuing holiness, another journey is waiting not so far off. A journey of the unknown: leaving everything we know, leaving everything that is comfortable and pleasing to us, leaving our communities, family, fellowship, leaving the future we foolishly started planning. We are leaving what we started to call home behind to go and be missionaries in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Obviously, it's not a terrible place to be sent, and we're definitely not complaining. 

I am 4 months into one new season of beauty. And eagerly awaiting another. As I wrote in the title of this blog, "The beauty of entering new seasons of life is that there will always be one constant through it all." How mind blowing is that? That no matter what twists, turns, or loops our lives take... there is ONE constant. This really can't be misunderstood, it is imperative to the Christian life. 
I was reading in the BIble today, a friend suggested that while I'm "bored" on Spring Break I should study 1 Peter, so I am. Peter quotes from Isaiah... 
"All men are like grass, 
and all their glory is like the flowers
of the field; 
the grass withers and the flowers fall.
but the word of the Lord stands
forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25


but the word of the Lord stands forever! This is the only constant that I have. When we are moving our entire life this summer everything around me will be different and unfamiliar, except the Lord and his Word (and Jeff, of course). What a great reminder. I know that in 4 more months, when I'm shaken and my world is rocked, I'm going to humbly look back and remember these words... 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very insightful and reminds me of how I am not the only one venturing into the unknown.

    ReplyDelete